Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Highs of Life

The week of finals sees everything it. It sees late night study, test that are just extremely hard, packing, moving, farewells, new adventures, tears, joy, graduations, drunks, and everything else in between. For me, the only thing my final week doesn't see is a good run. I just a week, I was only able to run a total of three days. Three out of the seven got see the greatness I call a stress reducer. However, in just a week, I got a new way to get rid of all the stress. No its not partaking in any drugs or alcohol of any sort. Instead it is an old friend. Listen to them talk about their life, makes mine feel accomplished. The things that they talk about have already been done for me and I closed the door on whats called high school. However, it nice to get a change for a while. Its nice to know that I have already done so much and remember the greatness.

I was watching my favorite show last night: Grey's Anatomy. In season four, episode three, Meredith Grey explains that the things we hold on to, cling to, look for, and hope for are a high for us. They are the things that get us ready for the day and give us a high in life. I have been thinking, what are my highs. What are the things that make me want to live each day to the full potential. I have thought long and I have discovered the things that make me get up every day and make me better a person.

High number one: I want to save a life.
My main goal in life is to graduate with a degree in the medical field. The main reason for this is because I want to know that I made a difference in random people's life. I want to get up every morning eager to know that that day will mean something. I want to go to bed each night knowing that I have done everything in my power to change some one's life and that helped fight for the greatness of living.

High number two: RUNNING!!!
This high might be a love and hate relationship but running has done so much for in just a short time period. Running has showed me how to take care of my body, how to challenge my self, how to overcome some of the turfiest things possible, and has given me a social life. Running has given me the best friends possible! I have the most amazing group of friends ever. Even though this group will never be the same due to the fact that we have all gone different ways this year, I am still proud to call every single of them my friend. Running has allowed for me obtain an education, travel, meet new people, and given me a better out look on life.

High Number Three: Education
Education is probably the only thing I know how to do. I have been in school for most of my life. I have been striving to learn as much as I can in just twenty one years. I have been busting my butt to get the best grades I can possible get. Some times, I don't always get the highest grades, but I do try very hard for them. I try so hard and I get very nervous that none of will get accomplished but somehow it always does. I just want to get better and I want to succeed in life.

High Number Four: She who can not be named
I don't want people to know who this is but there has been someone in life that has done so much for me. She always finds a way to put a smile on my face and always seems to find a way in my life. I know that our lives might not meant to be together but we always find a way to make room for each other. She has done some amazing things for me and I am very great full for her

Here are the things I get up for everyday! I hope this can help you find the highs that get you ready for every day and help you fall asleep to.

No comments:

Post a Comment