Wednesday, April 27, 2011

S-T-R-E-S-S

Its that time of the year when every student must experience what is known as hell week. Hell week is the last week before a final. In most colleges, students get the joy of  DEAD WEEK. However, in a private school, dead week results in hell week! This is the week that everything that matters on your grade is due. This is the collection of work that makes ones grade or destroys it. This week shows every one's true colors. One will be either really dedicated to their work or not give a crap. This is probably the worst week of all weeks. Dead week is half way over for me and I already want to kill everything. Right now, I  am a fuse that is about to explode. Test here, Paper here, Lab report here, then paper there. The list goes on and I just don't think anything will get finished.

The rain has finally stopped and the sun has came out for a glimpse. In Montana, there is a saying: "If you don't like the weather at the moment, wait two to three hours and there is a possibility that it might be better." Weather is on going changing thing here. Good old Great Falls owns the record for the most change in weather in one day. Its recorded that the weather changed a whole 100 degrees one day. Right now, I would love to see an extra hundred degrees. However, sometimes the weather here is a good thing. When it is a negative and some odd degrees outside, it makes it easier to stay inside and get some work done. The bad fall is, no one in their right mind wants to run, let alone walk, in it.

Right now I'm sitting in a library trying to get some motivation to study for the first final of my semester and it is just not happening for me. Instead, I have Adele blasting in my ears and I just stare at all of the people trying to save their grades. The library is truly a biology majors' best friend because no matter what time of day it is, you will only find upper class men in it. You will never see freshmen here and therefore it is peaceful. You also don't see the ones that are not dedicated in here. The ones that want to be loud and ruin their grades wont be found in this place. Instead, the library gives you knowledge hungry people. People who want to learn everything possible.

Also, I can not study because all I can think about is one of my buddies. Last night probably was the worst night of his life. Something major happened to him and I don't think there is anything that I can do for him. I can not relate because this situation has never happened to me. I can't understand why people do terrible things to good people. I can not understand how to make his life a better place. I can not get over this. What happened to him is something I would never wish upon my biggest enemies any day. My heart just goes out to him and I want him to know that things will get better through time. Right now, all I can think about doing is making him everything that is in my house for him. They say food really heals the pain and I do believe that. Looks like I have some major cooking to do for him. Last night will be a night to stay with me for the duration of a life time.

For now, its time to cram some ecology in. Time to prepare for some stats. Finally, time to cram for the hardest week of my life. Lets hope I can stay a float this week

1 comment:

  1. Haha truer words have never been spoken Riley. This made my day. Glad to know I am not the only one being buried alive by papers and other assignments.

    ReplyDelete