Sunday, April 10, 2011

Death of Spokane

Being on a track team has it ups and downs. We all get the joy of being crammed into a bus and travel from one place to the next. Usually, a bus trip never has a problem for me due the greatness of sleep. On a good day, we load up, get going, and I pass out till its time to get off. However, this wasn't one of those trips. Instead, I can't sleep. So I watch a movie. Hoping that a two hour movie would get me about half way to spokane, I get disappointed to find that I am wrong. The greatness of Montana is that it can snow when ever it feels the need to. I finished my movie only to determine that we were stuck in the middle of Rogers Pass. We hadn't even made it to the half way mark. Being stuck on the pass did a number on the bus because the driver didn't want to put chains on. Instead, we got the joy of rocking back and forth for a while. Somehow this damaged the bus and caused it spring a leak. When we got to the half way mark, we discovered the bus was broken.

Being stuck allowed for us to stay at a gas station for three hours. Three hours of nothing! A gas station is probably the worse place to be stuck at. There is nothing to do. The highlight was eating nasty flavored jelling beans in the hope of getting something good. Boredom,  was everywhere! As much as I enjoy being near my team, I was so annoyed with them. We finally got a bus and were once again head to the meet. I was able to sleep once again but was woken up to their annoying little game.

To make this trip any worse, I was stuck with the most annoying person on the team as a roommate for the night. This kid just wouldn't shut up. Everyone in the room had the been in bed and still kept going. At one moment, we managed to lock him out of the room for some quietness.

The next day, while running a 5k, I had one of the most terrible race of my life. A mile into the race, my body was just tired. I wasn't even going hard. My body shut it self off and couldn't find a way to get thing out of my legs. This made it to where my mind just shut off. "I guess its time to get the Iron check", says the coach. Looking back, I have nothing to really improve on. It makes it really hard to run when this crap happens. I have worked so hard and just came off a good cross season. There is no reason why I should be preforming this shitty! I can't wait to have a motivation again!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment